- PC members Aidan Hogan and Yaron Kanza win the Outstanding Reviewer Award for their fantastic work on submission reviewing. The selection process was the same as in WebDB 2015. Congratulations!
- The workshop program is now available.
- We are excited to announce that Gerhard Weikum (Max Planck Institute) will deliver a keynote speech at WebDB 2016! This talk will be in addition to that of Luna Dong.
- The best paper award goes to Incorporating Information Extraction in the Relational Database Model, by Yoav Nahshon, Liat Peterfreund and Stijn Vansummeren. Congratulations!
- The list of accepted papers is now published.
- The submission deadline is postponed by three days, to Monday, March 21st.
- We are excited to announce that Xin Luna Dong (Google) will deliver a keynote speech at WebDB 2016!
Welcome to the WebDB 2016 Home Page
WebDB aims at promoting insights, ideas, and novel research directions on the management of data in the context of the Web. Those span from the transformation of Web resources into knowledge, to the utilization of the Web for data generation, publication, consumption and exchange, including associated challenges such as security and privacy. Towards that, we aim to bring together the research efforts from both the academia and industry, and we solicit papers on a broad range of research topics, types and methodologies in computer science, such as on applications and tools, systems, user experience and interface, and theoretical foundations and/or analysis.
WebDB has taken place eighteen times already, has had a high impact, and has published and provided the forum for a substantial amount of seminal research.
The theme of this year is the democratization of the transformation of Web data into useful knowledge. In particular, we will encourage submissions on machinery for facilitating the extraction of, cleaning of, and reasoning about data on the Web.